Saturday, May 6, 2017

Honey Sriracha Roasted Brussels Spouts with Bacon


Another Brussels spouts recipe! I'm clearly a fan.



Brussels sprouts are the bud of the flower.  The precursor to Brussels sprouts first appeared in northern Europe during the 5th century.  The modern Brussels sprouts could have begun being grown as early as the 13th century in Brussels.


The first written record of Brussels sprouts dates back to 1582.  Brussels sprouts were brought to the Americas by French settlers in what is now known as Louisiana.  Most cultivation in the United States is located in California.


It is good that I enjoy Brussels sprouts so much because they are loaded with vitamin C and vitamin K.  They also have B vitamins and folic acid.






I have posted other delicious vegetable recipes as well.  I have made a carrot, pineapple, and coconut salad; sesame sugar snap peas; roasted veggie and ravioli salad; and corn, avocado, and mango salad.






This honey Sriracha Brussels sprouts recipe came from a blog called Shared Appetites.  I added more Brussels sprouts and added bacon.  I added more Sriracha and honey.  I used lemon juice instead of lime juice.


The ingredients are 10 slices bacon, 2 pounds Brussels sprouts , 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, salt, 2 tablespoon Sriracha, 4 tablespoons honey, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.



I baked the bacon at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.  I removed the cooked bacon from a pan and let it drain on a paper towel.




I rinsed the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.  I placed them on a baking sheet and drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled them with salt.  I baked the Brussels sprouts for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.  I stirred the Brussels sprouts half way through the cooking time.


 To make the dressing, I combined the Sriracha, honey, lemon juice, and a teaspoon of salt.  I stirred the dressing to combine.



I removed the roasted Brussels sprouts from the oven.  I added them to a bowl and added the chopped and cooked bacon as well.


I poured on the dressing and stirred.


This was a tasty vegetable dish.


 It has a little spice and kick.


It was also a little sweet and tart.


The bacon gave was savory and smokey.


 This dish has some great, strong flavors.

 
Every component added flavor and made the dish even tastier.


I would definitely make this again.  I give it two thumbs up!


No comments: