Monday, May 8, 2017

Toblerone Chocolate Pancakes


I went to the dentist last week, and you will be happy to know that I don't have any cavities.  Unfortunately, I was informed that I don't floss enough.  


My current dentist and dental hygienist strongly encourage me to use a water pick as well.  They say it will help prevent my gums from receding more.


I have one, and I use it.  I just don't use it nearly enough.  I feel like I could spend an hour a day caring for my teeth.  That's an exaggeration, but sometimes I just want to go to bed or I'm in a rush to get out the door and head to work.


I like my teeth, and I would prefer to keep them, so I'll try and do better.  We'll see how long my enthusiasm and commitment lasts...


There seems to be no end to the pancake concoctions I can come up with.  I am actually currently eating a new batch of pancakes now.  


This is a pretty simple idea.  I just made chocolate pancakes and added chopped up Toblerone chocolate.  It was simple but delicious.





I'm a little overwhelmed by all the chocolate pancake recipes I have made.  I had forgotten a few of them.

The ingredients for this recipe are 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 cup chopped Toblerone.  I went heavy with the chocolate bar.



I added the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt into a big bowl.  I whisked the dry ingredients together.




I added the milk, egg, and melted butter.  I stirred the pancake batter together.



I added the chopped up Toblerone chocolate.  Yum!


I greased a skillet.  For each pancake, I added a third of a cup of batter into the skillet.  I cooked the pancakes until the edges looked dry and bubbles started to form in the center of the cake.  I flipped the pancakes and cooked the reverse sides for a few minutes.


These pancakes would be great topped with chipped cream and chocolate sauce.  I think fresh fruit would also make a great addition.  I ate mine with these with one of my new food discoveries, chocolate greek yogurt.  That way I and kid myself into thinking these pancakes are good for me.


This recipe always makes a delicious pancake.  The texture is fluffy and hearty.


It has a decadent, rich chocolate flavor.


The Toblerone is milky, sweet and smoothy.  The chocolate becomes creamy and gooey in the hot skillet.




These are scrumptious and tempting pancakes.


They may not be a healthy breakfast, but they are tasty and yummy.


I could eat these pancakes every day for breakfast!


No comments: