Monday, March 6, 2017

Chocolate Cherry Pancakes


I am going to post another pancake recipe.  I just can't help myself.  It's an obsession. 


This is the second cherry and chocolate recipe I have posted recently as well.   I recently posted a double chocolate cherry cookie recipe.  It was a pretty amazing cookie recipe.


Speaking of cherries and chocolate, I have been on the hunt for a new Ben and Jerry's ice cream flavor for almost a month.  They are now making a chocolate Cherries Garcia.



Last Saturday, it finally appeared in my local grocery store.  It was an achievement.  


I was so excited about finding a pint that I took a picture and sent it to my family.  


I tasted it for the first time yesterday, and it was worth my vigilant search.  It was tasty.


I started these pancakes with my favorite chocolate pancake recipe.  I have used it many times.  I added cherries and chocolate chips.


The ingredients are 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons melted butter, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup white sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup chopped cherries, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.



I combined the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.  I whisked the dry ingredients together.





I added the milk, egg, and melted butter.  I whisked the batter together.



I mixed in the chopped cherries and chocolate chips.


I cooked the pancakes in a greased pan over medium-high heat.  


I cooked the first side until bubbles started to form near the center of the pancake.  I flipped the pancake and cooked the reserve side for another few minutes.


 I ate these with greek yogurt, but whipped cream and fresh cherries would have been delicious.  Cherry jam or chocolate sauce would have been even more delicious.


These were scrumptious, chocolatey and rich.  


The texture of these pancakes is always spot on.  They were fluffy and thick.


They have a deep, rich chocolate flavor.


They cherries were sweet, tart, and juicy.  The chocolate chips were creamy, gooey, and smooth.


These were delicious and toothsome pancakes.  They made a wonderful breakfast.

No comments: