Thursday, February 2, 2017

Chocolate Cookies with Mini M and M Candies


It's November!  January just flew by.  I realized last month that in three months, I will have lived in my current apartment for two years.  I was nervous to commit to a three year lease, but I'll probably live here for another year.


In my mind, February is the month of chocolate.  Of course, I eat chocolate year round, but eating chocolate seems particularly appropriate in February.  There is a chocolate festival in a nearby town this weekend, I plan on going to get in the spirit of the month.  




Speaking of chocolate, Ben and Jerry's recently came out with a chocolate cherry Garcia ice cream.  I haven't found it yet, but I'm on the prowl.  My dad tried it, and said it was delicious.







For these cookies I used two cups of mini M and Ms instead of chocolate chips.  I also didn't add any nuts.


The ingredients are 1 cup softened butter, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 cups flour, 2/3 cup cocoa powder, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, and 2 cups mini M and Ms.



I creamed together the butter and sugar for a few minutes until the mixture became light and fluffy.



I beat in the eggs one at a time.  I then mixed in the vanilla.


I added the baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, and flour.  I mixed the dry ingredients in gradually until fully combined.  The recipe said to combine the dry ingredients together before adding them to the butter mixture, but I didn't want to get another bowl dirty.  It worked.



I stirred in the candies by hand so they didn't get mashed.


I scooped even mounds of dough onto a baking dish lined with a baking mat.  Each mound contained about a tablespoon and a half of two and was spaced two inches apart.


I baked these cookies for eight to ten minutes at 350 degrees.

They were scrumptious.  The flavor was spot on.


 These cookies were very rich and chocolatey.  The texture was tense, soft, and chewy.


They were sweet and a little decadent.  This recipe is one of my favorite cookie recipes.  It is great for a serious chocolate aficionado.  


 The candies were fun and colorful.  They add a little crunch too.


 Overall, I give these cookies two thumbs up.  The were very delicious.

No comments: