Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Chocolate Cookie with Mini Cadbury Eggs


Have you ever heard of Meet Up?  Today I went to my first Meet Up group.  They have groups for statistics, socializing, assorted languages, hiking, and a bunch of other stuff.  I went to a group that meets up for around an hour and talks in Spanish.


I didn't know what to expect.  All of the people in the group were complete strangers, but it was fun.  I never practice Spanish in my daily life so this will help me keep my Spanish from becoming rusty.


I am calling these Easter cookies because they have mini Cadbury chocolate eggs in them.  It works.  I used by favorite chocolate cookie recipe.  I have added peanut butter candies and coconut flakes to this recipe in the past.  It's golden



The ingredients are 2 full cups mini Cadbury eggs, 1 cup softened butter, 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 2 cups flour, 2/3 cup cocoa powder, 3/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.


I began by creaming the butter and sugar.  If I continue blogging for a few years, I'll probably write the preceding sentence many, many times.  After the butter and sugar was creamy, I added the vanilla and eggs.



I stirred until this beautiful batter formed.  


I added the baking soda, salt, flour, and cocoa powder.  Cocoa powder is what remains after the cocoa butter has been removed from the cocoa bean.  I stirred all the ingredients together.


After the batter was smooth, I added the chocolate eggs.


I had to taste test a few times to make sure the cookie batter wasn't poisoned or anything.


 I let the batter sit in the fridge for 24 hours.  That's what all the legitimate cookie bakers do.  I than heaped 1/4 of a cup of dough into globs on a sheet pan.


These cookies didn't spread much.  I think because the dough was cold when I put it into the oven.


This is really a great cookie recipe.  Mini Cadbury eggs are freakishly addictive, and the cookie dough has like a million likes on allrecipes.    


The candy coated eggs provide a yummy crunch, kind of like nuts would.  They also had huge chocolate flavor.  The chocolate chunk to cookie ratio is around 3 part cookie to 1 part chocolate egg. These are a rich, super chocolaty cookie.   


4 comments:

Unknown said...

These look fabulous! So rich and chocolatey!! I love Meet Up - or the idea of Meet Up anyway. I signed up for several groups, like, 6 years ago and have yet to go to a single event!!!! BAD

laura said...

Lindsey, I have been signed up for over a year, and this was the first one I've been too. It is a little nerve racking to go somewhere with complete strangers!

Cookie Madness said...

Hi Laura,

I'm enjoying your blog! Those cookies are interesting -- especially the base. It has lots of cocoa powder, so I'll bet it's good. I think I might try it with Ghirardelli 63% Bittersweet Chips.

laura said...

Thanks! The base cookie is amazing. I have made is several times, and it tastes great!