Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Slow Cooker Sesame Beef


Another slow cooker recipe.  This last year has been a year of slow cooker recipes.   Just a couple of weeks ago,  I made stew chicken inspired by Belize. 


Earlier this year I made Lamb Tagine.  That was a really good recipe.  It was one of the best recipes I have made all year.  Very yummy!


This year I also made chicken taco soup.  Last year I made honey garlic chicken, chicken tinga, root beer barbecue chicken, pineapple chicken, Tex-Mex chicken and beans, and butter chicken.  The butter chicken recipe was also outstanding.


I have posted about hula chicken, beef barbacoa, honey mustard chicken, chicken stew, and veggie tray soup.  I remember being unimpressed with the veggie tray soup.


This slow cooker sesame beef recipe came from a blog called Budget Bytes.  I added a little more cornstarch, but besides that I made it as directed.


The ingredients are 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 2 pounds beef roast, 6 green onions, 2 tablespoons corn starch, and sesame seeds.


I began by making the sauce.  I added the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and 1/2 cup water to a small bowl.  I whisked the ingredients together.




I chopped up the beef roast and added it to a slow cooker.  I added the three of the chopped green onions and the sauce mixture.  I stirred the mixture together, and cooked the meat for four hours on high heat.  After four hours, I mixed the corn starch with three tablespoons of water.  I let the meat cook for another 40 minutes.



I served this dish over white rice.  I also garnished each serving with some of the remaining green onion and sesame seeds.


This was flavorful and succulent meat.


Even though I used a cheaper cut of meat, it was very tender.  I guess cooking meat for over four hours really softens the connective tissues.


It has a salty, briny, and sweet flavor.  It was aromatic and savory.  The garlic, ginger, and green onions added lots of flavor.


I enjoyed this recipe.  It was easy to make but tasted fantastic.  It was scrumptious.  I would make it again in the future.

No comments: