Monday, April 2, 2018

Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with Apples and Pecans


I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend.  Brussel sprouts are my favorite vegetable.  I think they are so yummy.


I have made and posted several Brussel spout recipes.  Last May I made honey sriracha roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon.  Over a year ago I made butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, apple, and sausage salad with blue cheese, cranberries, and pecans.








There are just so many delicious ways to prepare Brussel sprouts.  I found this caramelized Brussel sprouts with apples and pecans recipe on abc's website.  I replaced the sherry vinegar with balsamic vinegar.  I also doubled the recipe.  I also baked my Brussel sprouts instead of sautéing them.


The ingredients are 4 tablespoon olive oil, 4 tablespoons butter, 2 pound Brussel sprouts, 2 honey crisp apples, 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 cup pecan halves, 4 tablespoons honey, 1 cup parsley leaves, salt, and pepper.



I chopped the Brussel spouts in half and coated them in the melted butter and olive oil.  I baked them for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.


Meanwhile, I mixed together the balsamic vinegar and honey.



After 15 minutes of baking, I added the chopped apples and the honey and vinegar mixture to the baking pan.  I stirred the Brussel sprouts and apples to evenly coat them in the mixture.  I baked the sprouts and apples for another 15 minutes.


I added the pecans to the pan.  I gave everything a good stir and then cooked the Brussel sprouts for another 7 minutes.


I then added the clean and chopped parsley.  I stirred everything together and baked for another 5 minutes.


I took the dish out of the oven after the additional five minutes.  I added salt and pepper and gave everything another good stir.


This was tasty.  I made it awhile ago, but I remember it was tasty.


It has a sweet and herby flavor.  It has some acidity from the vinegar.


The Brussel sprouts were soft, tender, and a little caramlized.


 The pecans added some crunch and nuttiness.


The apples were soft and sweet.


This was a flavorful and delicious vegetable dish.  It was fresh and savory.  I would make it again.


No comments: