Thursday, March 29, 2018

Butter Pecan Cookies


I actually made these cookies last year around Christmas time.  I was going to post about them earlier, but I left my camera at home when I was there for the holidays.  


I went to Mexico last week, and my parents brought me my camera.  There were photos from several recipes, so the next few recipes I post will be old.  I hope I remember all the details of the recipes.


I had my Christmas dinner photos on my camera as well. I have lots of catching up to do.


I brought these cookies to a Christmas party.  I found this butter pecan cookie recipe on a blog called Sally's Baking Addition.  She had a suggestion to roll the cookie dough balls in sugar, which I didn't do.


The ingredients are 1 1/2 cups pecans, 1 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup packed brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon corn starch, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.



I creamed the butter and sugars together for a few minutes.





I beat in the eggs and vanilla.


I mixed in the cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.


I then gradually mixed in the flour.


I mixed in the pecans.  I chilled the dough overnight.


I scooped the chilled ought onto a baking tray lined with a baking mat.  The mounds were about 3 inches from each other.  Each mound contained about a tablespoon and a half of dough.


I baked the cookies for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.


I let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the pan before letting them cool on a wire rack.


These were good cookies.  They were buttery, sweet, and caramelized.


The pecans were crunchy and yummy.


I brought these cookies to a holiday party, and they were not as tasty as some gingerbread cookies that someone else brought.


They were tasty, but they aren't the best cookies I have made.


They were chewy and crisp on the edges.  They were good but not amazing.


No comments: