Thursday, May 18, 2017

Chocolate Overnight Oatmeal with Raspberries and Blueberries


I saw Macbeth for the first time yesterday.  I thought I  had read it before, but I was surprised by the plot.


I knew it was a tragedy, but there was more blood than I was anticipating.  There are three witches who predict Macbeth's future.  They are usually three mythical creatures.


In this rendition, the three witches were intelligence operatives from a foreign country.  It seemed to be set in a North African country as well.



It is a creative theater company.  They once set Much Ado About Nothing in 1920s Cuba.  They have also performed a Romeo and Juliet in 1980s America.  It could have been Miami.


I am a fan of overnight oatmeal.  It is so quick and easy when you need a breakfast on the go.  I have made a few overnight oatmeal recipes.  I have made raspberry and almond overnight oatmeal with coconut, banana overnight oatmeal, apple pie overnight oatmeal, and overnight carrot cake oatmeal.


I found this chocolate oatmeal recipe on the Today television show's website.  I replaced the banana with blueberries and raspberries.  I used almond milk instead of regular milk.  I added a little salt too.  It may not look like much, but it was tasty.


The ingredients are 3/4 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal, 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds, 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup blueberries, and 1/3 cup raspberries.


I added the oatmeal, chia seeds, and salt into a container with a lid.



I added the syrup, almond milk, and berries.



I stirred the oatmeal together.  I placed on the lid and let it sit in the fridge overnight.


The next morning I grabbed it as I ran out the door on my way to work.


 It was delicious.  It was a little sweet and had a rich, chocolate flavor.


 The oatmeal and plump chia seeds were soft and creamy.


It was very hearty and nourishing too.  It kept me full for the whole morning.


I'll make this again for sure!

No comments: