Thursday, June 1, 2017

Chunky Chocolate Pancakes


It's another day and another pancake recipe.  I obviously think you can't have too many pancake recipes.


I still have a few I want to try out.  I saw a recipe for cream of wheat pancakes, ricotta cheese pancakes, and cinnamon swirl pancakes.  I also want to attempt sweet potato pancakes and cake batter pancakes again.  I made them in the past, but they were both flops.


Have you hear about or tried Chunky candy bar?  Apparently they are made by Nestle.  They were created by a New York candy maker named Philip Silvershein in the 1930s.  At the time it was made with cashews, raisins, Brazil nuts, and of course, chocolate.  That sounds fantastic!


Mr. Silvershein was a friend of William Wrigley Junior, and thus the Wrigley gum company first distributed the Chunky candy bar.



In the 1964 World's Fair in New York City, there was an automated factory where attendees could watch the creation of Chunky candy bars.  In the 1984, Nestle purchased the brand.


To make these pancakes, I used a chocolate pancake recipe I have used many, many times.  It works like a charm.  I added chopped peanuts, raisins, and chocolate chips.



The ingredients are 1 cup milk, 1 egg, 2 tablespoon melted butter, 1 cup all-purspose flour, 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/3 cup chopped peanuts, 1/2 cup raisins, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.


I whisked together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.





I added the melted butter, milk, and egg then whisked it all together.



I then stirred in the peanuts, raisins, and chocolate chunks.



I cooked a third of a cook of batter in a greased and hot skillet over medium-high heat.  I flipped the pancake when bubbles started to form in the center of the pancake.  I let the other side cook for a few minutes.


These where phenomenal pancakes.  This recipe always turns outs well.


The pancakes are chocolaty, deep, and rich.


It makes a thick and hearty pancake, but the texture is always fluffy.



I enjoyed the crunchy peanuts, chewy and sweet raisins, and sweet and gooey chocolate chips.


The tasty add-ins made these extra special.  They added lots of texture and flavor.


These made a delicious, sweet, scrumptious breakfast!


No comments: