Monday, May 29, 2017

Chicken Prik King


I am posting another Thai recipe.  I'm on a roll.  I recently posted a Thai chicken basil recipe.  It was delicious.  This was a fantastic recipe too.


About a month ago, I was caught in the rain.  I ducked into a nearby Chinese store for a cheap umbrella.  I didn't have any cash on me, and the store had a ten dollar limit for credit cards. 


The umbrella was about nine dollars, so I took a quick turn of the store looking for an inexpensive purchase.



I ended up buying prik king curry paste.  That an unusually purchase for a Chinese grocery store, but what can I say?  I bought it because at the time, I had never heard of prik king curry.


 I found this chicken prik king recipe on a blog called Fav's Thai Kitchen and decided to give it a try. I added a little more chicken, some lime zest and juice, and less oil.  I used brown sugar instead of white sugar too.  I also added some cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce.  


I have made many other delicious curry recipes.  I have made Indian curries like matter panner, lamb rogan josh, palak paneer, and Indian chicken curry, or murgh kari.





The ingredients for this curry as 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, 2 cups green beans, zest and juice of 1 lime, 4 garlic cloves, 4 tablespoons prik king curry paste, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch, and 2 tablespoons water.



I added the oil into a hot skillet.  I added the garlic and cooked it until fragrant.  This took less then a minutes. 



I added the curry paste and sautéed the curry paste for a couple of minutes.


I added the cubed chicken thighs.  I stir-fried the chicken until it was half way cooked.  This took about five to seven minutes.


I then added the green beans.  I had rinsed and cut the green beans into one inch pieces.  I continued to stir-fry the curry.


I added the lime zest and juice.


I added the fish sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar.  I stirred and continued to cook.



I made a slurry with the cornstarch and water.  I added this to the curry and continued to cook the curry.


I continued to cook the curry until the chicken was fully cooked and the green beans were tender.  This took a few minutes.


I served this curry over white rice.


This was very flavorful and delicious.

It was packed full of exotic and alluring spices.


 It had a little heat, some brininess, and a touch of acidity.


 The chicken was tender and moist.  The green beans were cooked but still a little crisp, exactly how I like green beans.


This was a very toothsome and satisfying meal.


Curries are so great because they are so quick to make to.  They make a great weekday meal.


This was a scrumptious recipe.  I hope you give it a try.  I give it two thumbs up!




No comments: