Saturday, October 15, 2016

Overnight Carrot Cake Oats


I have found a replacement for my pancake addiction.  For the last month, I have eaten overnight oatmeal almost everyday for the last month.  


It is a very convenient breakfast because you can prepare everything the night before.  I also like that it doesn't need to be heated.  You can grab it and eat it on the go with no morning preparation.

I enjoy the creamy and soft texture of the oats after a night of soaking.  They become very tender.  It is very healthy and nourishing too.



I found this carrot cake oatmeal recipe at the Food Network.  I used vanilla flax milk instead of nonfat milk.  I also added pineapple and pineapple juice.


The ingredients for each serving are 3/4 cup vanilla flax milk, 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats, 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon diced pineapple, 1 tablespoon pineapple juice, 1 small carrot, salt, 1 tablespoon toasted shredded coconut, 1 tablespoon raising, 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, and dash ground cinnamon.


I added the oats, flax milk,, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt into a jar.




I added the vanilla, pineapple juice, pineapple, and grated carrot. 



I shacked the jar until all the ingredients were combined.  I put it into the fridge and let is sit overnight.


In a small tupperware container, I added the raisins, coconut flakes, and walnuts.




This made a delicious breakfast.  It was full of yummy morsels.  These was lots of texture, crunch, and chew.


It was filing and satisfying.  For some reason, it wasn't as creamy as other overnight oats I have eaten recently.  I would have preferred it a little creamier.


I enjoyed the sweet pineapple, raisins, and coconut.  It was tasty and healthy.  It kept me satisfied until lunch.

No comments: