Friday, January 5, 2018

Caramel Popcorn and Chocolate


I seemed to have misplaced my camera.  I'm a little disconcerted about it actually.  I took it home with me over the holidays and may have left it.


I took these picture with my phone.  I took pictures of the process, but those are still in my camera.  This with be shorter  blog post because of my missing camera.  That may be a good thing.  I'm not sure pictures of the process are needed or wanted.

The caramel popcorn recipe came from allrecipes.com. I also added a chocolate drizzle over the popcorn.  The ingredients for the  caramel popcorn are  1 cup butter, 2 cups brown sugar, 1/2 cup corn syrup, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 10 cups popcorn.  The ingredients for the chocolate drizzle are 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon butter, and 2 tablspoons milk.

I melted the butter in a sauce pan.  I added the brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.  I brought this to a boil and let the ingredients boil for about four minutes.  I stirred constantly.  I mixed in the baking soda and vanilla.  I poured this over the popcorn.  I mixed the caramel and popcorn together thoroughly.  


I placed the popcorn on two baking sheets in an even layer.  I baked the popcorn for an hour at 250 degrees.  I stirred the popcorn after every 15 minutes.  Once it was done baking, I let the popcorn cool completely.  I made the chocolate drizzle by melting the chocolate chips, butter, and milk together in a microwave.  I stirred every 20 seconds.  Once the popcorn was cool, I drizzled on the chocolate.


This was very decadent and delicious.  It was sweet, caramelized, and buttery.  The chocolate added creaminess and milkiness.  It was scrumptious.  The popcorn eventually lost its crunch.  I think the milk in the chocolate drizzle was the culprit.  If I make this again, I will try omitting the milk.


No comments: