Monday, January 8, 2018

Monster Cookie Pancakes


Pancakes! My favorite breakfast food.  I made these pancakes last weekend, and I am still eating them for breakfast.  This recipe makes a large batch of pancakes.


It is a unique recipe.  I haven't make or eaten monster cookie pancakes before.  This is a hearty and a little decadent recipe great for the cold winter mornings I have been experiencing.


It has been very cold around here for the past few years.  I wear my down coat, gloves, and a hat everyday.  The weather report is saying that it will be icy tomorrow morning.  I'm kind of hoping there will be a delay tomorrow morning at work.  I always enjoy sleeping in.


January and february are hard months.  The holidays are all over, but the weather is still unpleasant.



I found this monster cookie pancakes recipe on the Gold Medal Flour website.  I used the ingredients they suggested.  I also added a teaspoon of cinnamon.  I didn't mix the m and m candies into the batter but added them to each scoop of batter just before ladling it into the hot skillet.  I know from experience that the color of m and m candies runs easily.



The ingredients for this recipe are 1 1/2 cups cooking oats, 1 cup flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, 2 cups milk, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup m and ms.


I added the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar to a bowl.  I whisked the dry ingredients together.


I added the eggs, peanut butter, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract into another bowl.  I whisked the wet ingredients together.  I poured the wet ingredients into the dry and whisked the batter together.


 I mixed in the cinnamon and chocolate chips.


 I added the chocolate chips into the batter just before ladling each portion into a hot and greased skillet.  I cooked the first side of the pancake until bubbled formed.  I then flipped the pancake and cooked the other side for a few minutes.


These were scrumptious and hearty pancakes.  I ate them topped with greek yogurt.


They had delicious texture from the oatmeal.  They also had a prominent and enjoyable peanut butter flavor.


The chocolate chips added additional sweetness and creaminess.  The candies added addition chocolate and a little crunch.


These were delightful pancakes.  The overall taste was on point.


 These have been the best pancakes I have made in a while.  I'll make them again in the future.


No comments: