Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Candy Cookies


Well, it's November.  The fall is in full swing, and soon the holiday season will be upon us.  This year has blown by.


Last year for Halloween, I celebrated by going out and eating pizza.  I decided to make it a tradition, at least a two year tradition, and had pizza last night as well.  It was my second annual Halloween pizza eating.  


I had a costume idea, but it never really came to fruition.  My plan was to be a mime.  I have a strip shirt, a beret, and black gloves.  I planed on getting white face paint, but it never happened.


I decided to post this recipe the day after Halloween because probably many people have lots of candy on hand now.  If you don't, your local grocery store is probably selling it for half off.


I stoped by a CVS on my way home from work, and it took all my self control to not stocking up of cheap Baby Ruth's and Snickers.  



For these cookies, I used a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe.  I replaced the chocolate chips with chopped of candy.  I used a recipe called the best chocolate chip cookies, so you know it has got to be good.  I used peanut butter cups, Snickers, Baby Ruth's, Butterfingers, Milky Ways, and other chocolate candies.

The ingredients for these cookie are 1 cup butter, 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla, 3 cups all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 cups chopped chocolate candy bars.  The recipe called for 2 teaspoons of water, but I didn't add that.



I creamed together the butter and sugars for a few minutes.  The mixture becomes pale and fluffy.





I beat in the eggs one at a time and then mixed in the vanilla extract.




I mixed in the baking soda, flour, and salt until the dough was just combined.


I mixed in the chopped chocolate candy by hand.




I refrigerated the dough overnight, but the instructions did not direct me to do this.  I could have baked the cookies right after mixing the dough.  I scooped mounds of dough about two inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.  I baked the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees.

  


I let the cookies cool a little on the pan before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.


 These were absolutely scrumptious and decadent.


They were buttery, sweet, and caramelized.  


There were gooey, crunchy, and crisp parts from all the candy bar chunks.


The centers were tender and soft, but the edges were a little crisp.


These cookies were a appetizing and yummy treat.


I took them to work and everyone enjoyed them.  


These were delightful and toothsome.  I enjoyed them immensely.


No comments: