Thursday, January 11, 2018

Fudge with Walnuts


Fudge!  I made this for a party where we watched "The Christmas Story."  People brought appropriately themed foods.  Someone brought egg rolls and orange chicken because it is Chinese food.  Another person brought mashed potatoes.  It was all very witty.  


This was actually a post Christmas party.  It's fun to keep the holidays alive for a little while longer.  January and February are hard months.  The holidays are over, but it is still really cold.


I have actually made fudge before this recent attempt.  Two years ago I made peppermint fudge.  I'm a little shocked that was two years ago.  Four years ago I made peanut butter cup fudge.  I have had this blog for a long time!


I have make other types as candy as well.  Over three years ago I made honey candy with my mother. I have made English toffee, cookie dough truffles, and peanut brittle.  I made the peanut brittle last year at Christmas to give to my friends.


This chocolate fudge recipe came from allrecipes.com.  It is entitled Aunt Teen's Creamy Chocolate Fudge.  I made it exactly as directed.


The ingredients are 1 7-ounce jar marshmallow cream, 1 1/2 cups white sugar, 2/3 cup evaporated milk, 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 cups milk chocolate chips, 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup walnuts, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.


I added the butter, sugar, marshmallow cream, salt, and evaporated milk to a saucepan.  I brought this to a boil, and then let let the ingredients boil for five minutes.  I stirred constantly.

 


I added the milk and semi sweet chocolate chips.  I stirred until the chocolate was completely melted and the fudge was smooth.


I stirred in the chopped walnuts and then the vanilla extract.


I poured this into a 8 inch square pan lined with tin foil.  I let this cool in the fridge overnight. 


I then chopped the fudge into bit sized pieces.



Yum! Fudge is so delicious, and this fudge was no exception.  


It was very rich, decadent, and chocolatey. 


It was creamy, milky, and smooth too.  So scrumptious! 


 It isn't a healthy recipe, but it makes fantastic fudge.  The texture was spot on, and the flavor was outstanding.  It was a great recipe.


No comments: