Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Spice Chocolate Pudding

 

I don't mean to brag but doesn't this pudding look good?  I ate this pudding with a sprinkling of trail mix and a slather of caramel sauce.  It was very tasty.  The salty, crunchy nuts, chewy raisins, and sweet, silky caramel sauce bumped this up to pretty darn tasty.  




In other news, I ran my first half marathon on Saturday.  The last two miles were brutal.  Before saturday, the most I had ever run was two miles.  Next time I'll run 13 miles prior to the actual race.  It was a good experience;  I feel like a accomplished something worthwhile.  


I added a pumpkin pie spice to the pudding recipe off of a box of cornstarch.  The ingredients are 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice, 2 cups milk, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, 5 tablespoons cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla.


This is a simple recipe.  I added all the ingredients into a saucepan.



I stirred the ingredients together until there were no lumps of cocoa or cornstarch.  I turned the burner on medium heat and stirred.


I stirred until the pudding was thick.


I cooled the pudding off in the refrigerator for a few hours until it was cold.


So simple yet still satisfying and a little decadent!  I might have eaten a bowl for breakfast.  The pumpkin spice is an excellent addition.  It makes the pudding a little more seasonal and flavorful.

No comments: