Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Chubby Hubby Pancakes


I have been on the lookout for chocolate Cherry Garcia ice cream for weeks.  Last weekend, I checked the two closest grocery stores.  Today I was close to a Walmart, and stopped to see if they were carrying it.  No such luck.


I know that it has already hit some stores, because my dad found a pint in Grand Junction, Colorado.  I'm a little surprised there are stores selling it in a rural Colorado town and not in DC metropolitan area, but maybe Ben and Jerry's has a stronger fan base in the intermountain west.

These pancakes are inspired by a Ben and Jerry's ice cream.  I like Chubby Hubby, but I rarely buy it.  I'm a big pan of Phish Food.  I also enjoy The Tonight Dough and New York Super Fudge Chunk.  They used to sell an oatmeal cookie ice cream that was fantastic.  


In high school, I attended a swim meet at a distant school.  We spent the night at a nearby hotel.  I remember buying a pint of Ben and Jerry's and eating it in one sitting.  I probably at 1,000 calories.  I can't do that anymore.


At another overnight swim meet, I had a friend cut off about five inches of my hair in the tub of the hotel.  I remember she did a good job for someone with no training.



I found a banana pancakes recipe on allrecipes.com.  I added chocolate chips and walnuts to make Chubby Hubby pancakes.


The ingredients are 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon white sugar, 2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 egg, 1 cup milk, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 ripe bananas, 1/3 cup chocolate chips and 1/3  cup walnuts.


I added the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.  I whisked the dry ingredients together.





In another bowl, I mixed together the egg, bananas, and oil.  I mashed these ingredients together and then mixed in the milk.



I poured the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stirred the batter together.


I added the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.  I stirred the batter again to evenly distribute the chocolate and walnuts.


I cooked about a third of a cup of batter in a greased and hot skillet.  After bubble started for form, I flipped the pancakes and let the reserve side brown for a few minutes.


I ate these pancakes with greek yogurt.  It is my custom.  I think they would be even more delicious with caramel syrup and extra chocolate chips.  Extra slices of bananas on top would also have been a great addition.


The texture of these pancakes was outstanding.  They were fluffy and plump.


The pancakes had a nice and delicious banana flavor.


The edges became a little crisp and golden.


The chocolate chips added sweetness and creaminess.  The walnuts added crunch and nuttiness. 


 Overall, they were simple yet scrumptious pancakes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These pancakes look worth every bite!

Tony Cox said...

I just made this and the whole family love it! Thanks!!