Monday, July 25, 2016

Vanilla and Cookie Crumb Bundt Cake


I like bundt cakes.  The don't require fancy decorating, and they can be transported easily.  I made this bundt cake about two weeks ago and brought it to work.  I ate a slice for breakfast.  I have a insatiable sweet tooth.  


I can eat sweets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I would be much healthier if I didn't like chocolate and desserts so much.  Sugar is my downfall.

The occasional treat is okay, but I'm not always good about doing things in moderation.  This last week I have eaten a serving of ice cream almost every day.


I am writing this post in America, but I'm going to publish it while I'm in Vietnam.  I'm going to be in Vietnam for a week and a half.  I bought my ticket a few month ago, and the time of my trip has almost arrived.

It's going to be loads of fun.  I'm going with a friend.  I have arranged most of the itinerary.  I hope she likes our schedule as much as I do.  We are going to be very busy.  We may be too busy.


A few years ago I taught English in China.  I had thought about going to Vietnam then, but the opportunity never presented itself.  I'm glad to have the opportunity to go now.  It is going to be an adventure.


I used a chocolate cake recipe as the starting point for this bundt.  The cake recipe uses a box mix.  I changed it to a vanilla cake recipe.  I used a vanilla cake mix instead of a chocolate cake mix.  I also used vanilla instant pudding instead of chocolate pudding.  I also added Oreo and chocolate chip cookie crumbs to the batter.




The ingredients are 1 18.25 ounce white cake mix, 1 5.9 package instant vanilla pudding mix, 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup vegetable oil, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup warm water, 7 smashed Oreos, and 1/2 cup crushed chocolate chips.  I used store bought chocolate chip cookies.  I also used birthday cake Oreos.


To make the cake, I added the cake mix and instant pudding into a bowl.


I added the oil, water, sour cream, and eggs to the same bowl.  I whisked the batter together.



I added the crushed up Oreos and chocolate chip cookies.



I stirred the cookie crumbles into the cake batter.


I poured the batter into a greased bundt pan.


I baked the cake for 55 to 60 minutes at 350 degrees.


I let the cake cool a little in the pan before removing it from the pan and letting it cool completely on a wire rack.




This was a scrumptious cake.



It had a appetizing vanilla flavor.


The texture of the cake was moist and tender.



The cookie pieces became soft in the batter.  They were chewier and sweeter then the rest of the cake.



The cake was sweet and delectable.



It was tempting and tasty.


1 comment:

Beyondfrosting said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Vietnam. I went there last year, it was wonderful. Much more prettier than Shanghai :)