Thursday, May 17, 2018

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


Chocolate and peanut butter is probably my favorite combinations.  I really like chocolate and caramel too.  


I like peanut butter by itself, but there is something about peanut butter and chocolate together that makes the world seem like a better place.

I am leaving tomorrow to take a vacation to Scotland.  I am still working, but I will leave a little early to head to the airport.  


We started planning this trip a few months ago, but it seems like it crept up on us.  I am a little surprised it is already time to go.  I think I have packed everything I'll need.  At least I hope I have packed everything I need.



I almost forgot to set up a travel notification with my bank.  That would be a terrible way to start a vacation.  I would just have to borrow money from my family.  I am sure they would love that.



This chocolate peanut butter cookie recipe came from King Arthur Flour.  I made it exactly as directed.


The ingredients are 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 egg, 1 tablespoons water, and 1 1/2 cups mini peanut butter cups.




I creamed together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter for a few minutes.





I mixed in the egg, vanilla, and water thoroughly.



I mixed in the cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.  Then mixed in the flour.


I stirred in the mini peanut butter cups by hand.


The recipe said to bake the cookies at 375 degrees, but I baked them at 350 degrees.  I baked them for about ten minutes.   I let them cool for a couple of minutes on a cooling rack before letting them cool completely on a wire rack.


These were scrumptious and decadent cookies.  


They had a deep and rich chocolate flavor.  They also had a peanut butter undertone.


 They were buttery, sweet, and tender.


The peanut butter cups were gooey and melted.  They provided an additional chocolate and peanut butter punch.


 They had a good flavor, but there were a little too cake like for my preference.  I like a chewy and brownie like texture.  They were still really tasty though.


Overall, these were great cookies.  I enjoyed them and would make them again.


No comments: