Monday, December 18, 2017

Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Chocolate Chips


I'm leaving to go home for Christmas in just a couple of days.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I have already started packing because my schedule is full for the next couple of days.


Tomorrow I am going to go see the new Star Wars movie.  I'm surprised I haven't hear any spoilers yet.  I'm glad I will view it without any idea what to expect.

I'll probably see the movie again during the holidays with my family.  I don't think my parents have seen it yet.


This is the first time I have made this pancake recipe.  I have made so many pancakes that it's exciting when I find a new type of pancake to make.  I'm a little surprised I haven't though to make pancakes with greek yogurt before now.


This greek yogurt pancake recipe came from a blog called Just a Taste.  It's the first time I made a recipe from this blog.  I added chocolate chips.


The ingredients are 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup all purpose flour, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 1/2 cups almond milk, 2 large eggs, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, and 1 cup chocolate chips.


I added the whole wheat and all purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to a bowl.  I whisked the dry ingredients together.




I added the milk, eggs,  vanilla, and greek yogurt into the bowl.  I whisked the ingredients together.



I mixed in the chocolate chips.


I scooped a third of a cup of batter into greased skillets over medium-high heat.  I cooked the pancakes until little bubbles started forming near the center of the pancakes.  I flipped the pancakes and baked them for another few minutes.


I served these pancakes with greek yogurt.  How fitting is that?  This greek yogurt was really tasty.  It was a raspberry greek yogurt from Trader Joe's.  I would recommend it.


This was an excellent pancake recipe.  The pancakes were tender and fluffy.  They had a wonderful texture.


It had a cup of whole wheat flour, but it didn't seem heavy, which is good.


The greek yogurt did't add flavor, but it made the pancakes moist and soft.


The chocolate chips were gooey, creamy, and sweet.


 These were simple but delicious pancakes.  I would make this recipe again.


No comments: