Sunday, January 12, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Scones

Scones can fill many rolls.  They can be a breakfast, dessert, or snack.  Only have a couple of minutes to dress and run out the door? That sounds like a perfect time for a scone!  Need something to nibble on while watching TV? Eat a scone!

This recipe came from a Indiana newspaper. I found it because I googled, "peanut butter scones."  Sometimes I think I have envisioned a new, unique recipe idea but find 20 or more similar recipes after a quick internet search.  I have been thinking about making pancake tacos for a few months, but this week I saw this idea on another blog.  

The ingredients for the scones are 2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 3 tablespoons chopped, dry peanuts,  5 tablespoons cold butter, 1 banana, 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, and 1 cup heavy cream.  The ingredients for the glaze are 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon cream, and 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter.

I added the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chopped peanuts to a bowl.

I combined all the dry ingredients.

I cubed the cold butter and combined it with the dry mixture.  I used my hands, but the recipe recommends using a fork.  My green watch was a Christmas gift.

I mashed the banana.

I added the peanut butter and cream to the mashed banana.

I whisked the wet ingredients together.

I poured the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and combined them together.

I shaped the dough into an 8 inch circle on a floured surface using my hands.

I cut the round into eighths.

I baked the scones for 13 minutes at 425 degrees.

I let them cool.

While they cooled I made the glaze. I combined all the icing ingredients, peanut butter, cream, and powdered sugar.

Peanut butter and banana are always a great pair.  The flavors were not very strong.  The banana and peanut butter were too subtle.  The scones were moist, and I enjoyed the crunchy, salty peanuts.  


Joanne said...

Scones are way more fun to grab and go and eat than most things! Love this PB version!

Grandbabycakes said...

These scones look really delicious! I love the addition of peanut butter, really creative!

laura said...

Thanks! I love peanut butter!

Tamara Coleman said...

I love anything with peanut butter! YUUMMMY! :)

laura said...

Tamara, me too!