Saturday, November 23, 2013

Turkey Meatloaf Sandwich


Last night I saw The Hunger Games:  Catching Fire.  It was really good, but I left the theater tense and anxious.  It isn't the kind of movie you see to relax.  

Afterwards I was speaking with friends about how I haven't read the last book in the series.  I read the first two books and the last chapter of the third book.  After reading the last chapter, I realized I didn't want to read the rest of the book.  They thought it was poor form to jump to the last chapter of a book.  I don't always to that, but I was uneasy about how the series would end.  




In graduate school, I would occasionally purchase a meatloaf sandwich at a cafe on campus.  It's a hearty, homey meal on the go.  This is a pretty self explanatory recipe.  I used the turkey meatloaf I made earlier in the week, a good crunchy roll, arugula, brie, and red onion.  I layered on thick slices of brie and a healthy portion of warm meatloaf.  


I added some red sharp onion and bitter arugula.


I didn't toast my sandwich in the oven, but that would be a good idea.  You would need to add the vegetables after taking the sandwich out of the onion.  Delightful!  The spicy turkey meatloaf and the onion prevent this sandwich from being bland.  The warm meatloaf melts the brie.  I wish I had this sandwich right now!




No comments: