Saturday, March 23, 2019

Chai Spiced Pancakes with Chocolate Chips


Yesterday I went to a restaurant with some friends.  We asked our server if we could split the check.  I know many servers do not like doing that.  He should have refused because he has such a hard time doing it.


He didn't do it correctly two times.  On the third attempt, we just asked to have him split it equally five ways, but that didn't work out either.  I think he was new to the job, and needed some help.

The pancake recipe came from allrecipes.com.  I added cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, allspice, cloves, ground pepper, and chocolate chips.


The ingredients are 1 1/2 cups flour, 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon white sugar, 1 1/4 cups milk, 1 egg, 3 tablespoons melted butter, 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon allspice, 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves,  1/8 teaspoon ground pepper, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.


I added the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, allspice, cloves, and ground pepper into a bowl.  I whisked the dry ingredients together.






I added the egg, melted butter, and milk.  I whisked the batter together.



I mixed in the chocolate chips.


I cooked this over medium-high heat in a greased skillet.


These were very flavorful and aromatic pancakes.  They were full of warm and toothsome spices.


 The pancakes were fluffy and tender.


It is a great pancake recipe.  The spices and chocolate made the pancakes even more scrumptious. 

No comments: