Sunday, April 30, 2017

Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate Chip Cookies


These cookies have such an interesting assortment of add-ins that you may think I came up with it myself.  It isn't the creation of another blogger either.



The cookie recipe came from Nestle's official website.  It looks like such a unique but tasty cookie, I wanted to give it a try when I saw it.

To start, it is a peanut butter cookie.  I have other delicious peanut butter cookie recipes, including peanut butter blossom cookies, peanut butter cup filled peanut butter cookies, and peanut butter cookie brookies.

As I mentioned, the add-ins are what make this cookie unique.  In addition to chocolate chips, these cookies also contain raisins.  


There is a pool of jelly in the center of each cookie too.  In addition to making the cookie more tasty, the jelly makes the cookies a little more glamorous.


This recipe made me realize I don't make enough cookies with dried fruit.  I enjoy cookies with raisins or other dried fruit.  


One of the first recipes I posted on this blog was chocolate blueberry chocolate chip cookies.  These were delicious, and were studded with dried blueberries.




I made these cookies exactly as directed.  I used a berry jam made with blackberries and blueberries.


The ingredients are 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 large eggs, 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup raisins, and about 1/2 cup jam.

I began by beating the butter and peanut butter together.



I added the white and brown sugar.  I let this cream for a few minutes.


I mixed in the vanilla and eggs.  I mixed in the eggs one at a time.


I mixed in the baking soda and salt.


I gradually added the flour.


I mixed in the chocolate chips and raisins.



I scooped out a tablespoon and a half of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with a mat.  I placed the dough about two inches from each other.  I baked the cookies for 10 to 11 minutes at 375 degrees.


I let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet.  I then using a fourth of a teaspoon measuring spoon to make intents into the center of each cookie.


I filled each  divot with a fourth of a teaspoon of jam.   


 I then removed the cookies from the baking pan and let them cool completely on a wire rack.


These were fantastic cookies.


They were tender and buttery.


The cookie had a wonderful and toothsome peanut butter flavor.


The raisins were chewy and sweet.  They added some interesting and appetizing texture to the cookies.


 The chocolate chips were creamy, milky, and sweet.


The jam was sweet and tart.  Peanut butter and jam are obviously a wonderful flavor combination.


 The cookies were chewy and dense.  The flavors paired together well.


 I took these to an Easter potluck, and they were a popular item.

They were a little different than your regular chocolate chip cookies but different in a good way.


 They were comforting and homey in a chocolate chip cookie sort of way but also fun and unique.


I would definitely bake these cookies again.  I give them two thumbs up!



No comments: