Friday, December 30, 2016

Triple Chocolate Blossoms


My parents gave me a a Garmin Vivofit for Christmas.  I have been obsessively monitoring my steps and heart rate everyday since Christmas.


I can measure how many calories I burn when I'm exercising, and it also tells me how many flights of stairs I climb in a day.  I am a little surprised how fully I have adopted it into my daily life.  


I make extra steps just so I can achieve my daily step goal.  I guess I like measuring things.  It sounds like I have been healthy recently, but I have been eating sugary treats and chocolate daily for the entire Christmas holiday.


I made these cookies for some of my friends for Christmas.  I put them in decorative and festive tins. I always like an excuse to bake.


The chocolate blossom recipe came from Hershey's.  I made it exactly as directed.



The ingredients are chocolate kisses, 1/2 cup butter, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon milk, 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon ring soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.



I creamed together the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter for a few minutes.




I beat in the vanilla and then the egg.  I beat in the milk.



I stirred in the baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, and flour.



I mixed in the chocolate chips.


I added mounds of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with a baking mat.  Each mound had about a tablespoon and a half of cookie dough.


I baked the cookies for 11 minutes at 350 degrees.


I added an unwrapped chocolate kiss on each cookie as soon as I removed the cookies from the oven.


I let the cookies cool for a couple of minutes on the baking pan and then had them cool on a wire rack.


These were fantastic cookies.  They were very rich and decadent.  


They were packed full of chocolate.  The chocolate chips and kisses were creamy and smooth.


The cookies were chewy and tender.  The flavor was fantastic and scrumptious.


The cookies were delicious.  I give these cookies two thumbs up.  


No comments: