Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Chocolate Banana Mug Cake


These are probably the least attractive photos I have posted on my blog.  This mug cake isn't very picturesque.  Despite being ugly, it was a quick, rich chocolate treat.


I am on a new schedule at work.  I work nine hours a day and have every other Friday off.  This coming Friday will be my first free Friday.  




For my Friday off, I think I am going to the aquarium in Baltimore.  I have never been, and I have heard it is amazing.  My one complaint is that it costs almost $30.  Yuck!


I am used to the free museums in DC.  If I end up going to the aquarium, I'll go for the whole day to get my money's worth.


This recipe came from a youtube channel.  It makes two servings.  The ingredients are 1 ripe banana, 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter, 1 large egg, 2 teaspoons honey, and three tablespoons of coco powder.


I first mashed up the banana.  



I added peanut butter  and an egg to the mashed banana.


I stirred this together before adding the rest of the ingredients.


I added the honey and cocoa powder.  The original recipe calls for sugar.  I used honey, but the cake was not sweet.  If I make this again, I'll use granulated sugar or add more honey.


I did a final stir.  I stirred until there were no clumps of cocoa.  


I poured half of the batter into a mug and cooked it in a microwave for one minute.  You should only cook one cake at a time.


This was a dense and filling cake.  It wasn't sweet enough.  It tasted a little too much like depravation.  If you want to eat a cake, eat the real think.  Otherwise, you should just eat some oatmeal or something.


The texture was impressive.  It was airy, like a cake.


I feel like I should give this recipe another chance and make it as directed.  I like banana, peanut butter, and chocolate.


The results using my modified version were underwhelming.  I was impressed by how quick it was to put together and the texture.

2 comments:

Beyondfrosting said...

Mug cakes are the best!

laura said...

They are so convenient!