Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Chocolate Chip and Coconut Pancakes


Another pancake recipe!?  Will it ever end?  I use pancakes to use my leftover ingredients from other recipes.  It can make for some strange pancakes.  I bought coconut for my recent granola recipe, and I always have a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips lying around.  


Yesterday I saw Sabrina.  It was the one with Aubry Hepburn and not Harrison Ford.  My biggest complaint about the movie is how they try to portray the young Sabrina as a awkward and silly little girl, when really she is Aubry Hepburn.  It's just not very convincing.  


I'm envious of Aubry Hepburn.  She had such poise.  She was effortlessly graceful and elegant.   




I used a never-fail pancake recipe from Allrecipes.  It makes a light and fluffy pancake with ingredients I always have on-hand.  The ingredients are 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup coconut flakes, 3/4 cup milk, 2 tablespoon white vinegar, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 egg, and 2 tablespoons melted butter.


I combined the milk and vinegar and let them set for about five minutes.



I added the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar into a bowl.



I whisked these ingredients together.


I added the egg and melted butter to the milk mixture.


I added the coconut flakes and chocolate chips to the whisked dry ingredients.


I then added the liquid ingredients and stirred to combine.


I cooked the pancakes in a lightly oiled and hot skillet.  I flipped the pancake when bubbled formed in the center of the pancake and the edges looked set.


I have raved about this pancake recipe before, but it doesn't disappoint.  


 These pancakes have a great texture.  They always turn out well.


The chocolate chips and coconut made a great addition to these outstanding pancakes as well.  Yum!

No comments: