Thursday, January 16, 2014

Curry Chicken Salad


Tomorrow is the Friday before a three day weekend.  I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.  I made a New Year's resolution to get out of town every three day weekend, and tomorrow my first long weekend begins.  Until then, I'll have to content myself by looking at pictures of chicken salad.





Are you looking for an easy but scrumptious lunch recipe? If so, this could be what you are looking for!  The ingredients are 4 cups cooked chicken, 6 scallions, 2 teaspoon curry powder, 3 tablespoons siracha sauce, ½ cup Greek yogurt, ½ cup mayonnaise, ½ cup chopped dried apricots, and 2 teaspoons salt.

I used boneless chicken thighs for this recipe.  I poured a little extra virgin olive oil on the chicken and sprinkled it with salt.  I baked it for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.  I made sure that when I stabbed it with a knife, clear liquid ran from the chicken.  Once the chicken was cool, I chopped it.

I’m sure this goes without saying, but I sliced the scallions.




I added all the ingredients into a little bowl and stirred.

I used low fat greek yogurt to lighten up the recipe.

Dried apricots are one of my staple cupboard items.  I always have a bag on hand. 


The apricots got lost in the salad.  


I ate my chicken salad with lettuce and crispy bacon on toasted whole wheat bread.

Lovely! You can taste the siracha a little, but there is no heat. If you’re looking for more heat, I would add more sauce.

The dried apricot bits were very subtle. The curry powder, onion, and siracha sauce are so strong the apricots were overpowered. When I make this again, I will add a sweeter dried fruit or forget it altogether.


No comments: