Monday, September 2, 2013

Turkey and Cheese Crescent Rolls

I debated if this "recipe" warranted a blog post, but I decided if I can post about a grilled cheese sandwich, I can post about sliced turkey, cheese, and canned crescent rolls. Today is labor day, a day we celebrate the contributions of laborers and workers to society, so I think it is fitting that this recipe requires little effort.

I used a can of crescent rolls, dijon mustard, Havarti cheese, and sliced turkey.


I spread about a teaspoon of dijon mustard on an unrolled crescent triangle.

I added a triangle of Havarti cheese. One slice of cheese covers two crescent rolls. Havarti cheese is a mild and soft cheese made from cow's milk. It originated in Denmark.



I added a slice of turkey on top of the cheese.


I rolled it up.

I baked the rolls for 10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.


These crescent rolls are a quick lunch or dinner, and they're tasty.  It's best to eat them warm because then the cheese is melted.  They don't store well.  The next day the texture of the bread was subpar.  I think the moisture from the turkey and mustard softened the crescent rolls too much.


No comments: