Saturday, March 9, 2019

Chai Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies


Another day, another cookie recipe! I feel like Chai spiced things were the rage a couple of years ago.  I think I have eaten Chai spiced cupcakes and Chai spiced blondies.  


I am a big fan of chocolate chips cookies, so why not make them a little fancier with spices? They were tasty cookies, so it worked out.

Whenever I make cookies, I plan on only eating a couple and then giving the rest away.  What ends up happening is I eat a third of the batch.  I have good aspirations, but it is just hard to live up to those types of goals.


This chocolate chip cookie recipe comes from allrecipes.com.  It is the best chocolate chip cookie.  I have used it before, and it is really good.  I added cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, allspice, ground cloves, and pepper to the recipe.


The ingredients are 1 cup softened butter, 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup packed brown sugar, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3 cups flour, 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon cardamom, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon allspice, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, and 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips.



I creamed together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar for several minutes.




I beat in the eggs one at a time. I then mixed in the vanilla.



I added the flour, baking soda, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, clover, and ground pepper into a bowl.  I whisked the dry ingredients together.





I slowly mixed the flour mixture into the creamed butter and sugar.


I mixed in the chocolate chips.


I baked these cookies for about ten minutes at 350 degrees.


Once I removed the cookies from the oven, I let them cool a little on the pan before putting them on a wire rack to cool completely.


 These were scrumptious cookies.  They were golden, caramelized and delicious.


The inside was chewy.  The texture was spot on.


The spices were very toothsome as well.  They were a well balanced combination of spices.  They were warm, inviting, and aromatic.  There were delicious cookies.  The original recipe is a keeper as well.


No comments: