Sunday, August 26, 2018

Creamy Bacon Pea Pecan Salad


Another week has just flown by.  The weather where I live has been so incredible the last few days.  It feels like Fall.  It isn't here for good though.  Next week it is supposed to heat up again.


I have just started a certificate program.  It meets all day most Saturdays until the end of the year.  It has been a good experience so far, but it makes my weekends much less relaxing.  I actually had class three hours on Friday evening and then again on Saturday from 9 am to 4:30 pm.  




It has hard to focus for that long.  By the end I was trying my best to hold on, but I was willing the teacher to wrap up class and let us out.


I made this salad a few weeks ago.  It was a tasty recipe.  I found this bacon pea pecan salad on a blog called 12 Tomatoes.  I doubled the recipe and added green onions.  I used Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise and greek yogurt instead of sour cream.  I added red wine vinegar too.  


The ingredients for the salad are 2 pounds frozen peas, 12 strips bacon, 4 green onions, and 1 cup pecans.  The ingredients for the dressing are 1/4 cup Miracle Whip, 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt, 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.


I deformed the peas.  I cooked the bacon in the oven.  I  baked the bacon at 400 degrees for about seven to ten minutes on each side.  I like my bacon crispy.  I then added the peas and chopped bacon into a big bowl.



I added the chopped pecans and the sliced green onions.


I added the greek yogurt and miracle whip into another bowl.  I added the red wine vinegar, mustard, and salt.  I mixed the dressing ingredients together.



I then poured the dressing ingredients over the salad and mixed it together thoroughly.


This was a tasty, bright, and creamy salad.  It has a little acidity from the vinegar and a little tang from the plain greek yogurt.


It was savory and full of bacon flavor.  The pecans added crunch and additional flavor.


All the ingredients combined together well.  It was a fresh and hearty salad.


It was a satisfying and delicious salad.  It was a good recipe, and I liked all of the changes I made.  


 This would be a good salad for a picnic or potluck. It was yummy but still nutritious.


No comments: