Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie for One


Yesterday was the first day I worked in my office for over two weeks.  I had to reset my alarm to get to work on time.  When I logged into my computer yesterday morning, I had to think about my password for a few moments.


I took a vacation with my family in Glacier National Park for one week.  It was chaotic but relaxing too.  It was difficult to coordinate everyone, but it was satisfying to be with family.

I went to San Diego for a work conference after going to Glacier National Park.  The conference was great.  I had been to San Diego before, but the last time I was in high school.  


I went to Balboa park and Coronado beach for the first time and ate tons of fabulous Mexican food.



The conference hosted an elaborate party on Thursday night.  There were live bands, giant board games, fireworks, and mountains of food.  They also rented out a nautical museum so we could walk through several boats.  It was the fanciest party I have ever attended.


On the day I left Virginia, I made this giant cookie and ate it for lunch.  It is based loosely on a chocolate chip cookie recipe from food.com


The ingredients are 1 tablespoon white sugar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1 tablespoon egg, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, 1 pinch salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 cup flour, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, and 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.



I creamed the butter and sugars together.



I stirred in the peanut butter.


I stirred in the egg and vanilla.


I added the baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, and flour.  I stirred until well combined.



I folded in the chocolate chips.


I put the entire lump of dough on a greased cookie sheet.  I smashed it flat a little with my hand.


I baked the cookie for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.


I let it cool a couple of minutes before tucking in.


It was rich and chocolaty, but I wasn't crazy about the texture.  It was more like a cake and less like a brownie.


The peanut butter flavor was almost completely masked by the chocolate flavor.  


 The recipe make a huge cookie.  Given the size, it would be more appropriate for two.


It wasn't the best chocolate cookie I have eaten, but it is hard to wrong with a warm, fresh baked cookie.


I'm glad I smash it with my hand because the cookie held its shape well.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure I love you. But I'm sure that even if I say that you won't share this cookie, so I'd better make my own! :-)

SaraLily said...

Well, yum. I love discovering recipes for 1. Whenever I crave cookies, I am all for baking a batch but it's like, OK now I have a big pile of cookies threatening my waistline for the next couple of days. Making just 1 to indulge in makes it easier!! I may give this a try!

saralilyphoto.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

A single cookie sounds perfect for those late night cravings but don't want to worry about eating the entire batch. I could go for a cookie right now too especially when it's double the chocolate.

laura said...

Thanks Ladies! Being able to bake just one cookie is super convenient!