Saturday, February 14, 2015

Sweet Potato Pancakes


I usually procrastinate on chores, but this week I filed my taxes.  I'm over a month early.


I was excited to file this year because I knew I would receive a refund.   I paid a hefty amount in student loans.

I plan is to put most of the refund into a savings account.  We'll see how that goes...



This is the second pancake recipe in a row that has not outstanding.  These pancakes were flat.  I'm going to give this another try in the future with another recipe.  I added cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to the original recipe. 



The recipe  came from food.com.  The ingredients are 1 tablespoon melted butter, 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato, 1 egg, 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger.


I mashed the sweet potato and added into a bowl with an egg.


I added the flour and baking powder.


I added the cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.



I stirred in the milk.


I then stirred in the melted butter.


I scooped a quarter cup of the butter into a hot and oiled skillet.


I flipped the pancakes when bubbles started to form in the center of the pancakes.  I baked the other side for a few minutes.


I ate mine with whipped cream.  Syrup would have been good.


 The texture of these pancakes were a little weird.  I like a fluffy pancake and these were bland.


I enjoyed the spice blend I used.  It was festive and warm.  The spices reminded me of Thanksgiving. 


 I am going to make sweet potato pancakes again, but use a different recipe.  I need to redeem myself soon with a outstanding pancake recipe!



No comments: