Monday, February 9, 2015

Cake Batter Pancakes


I went to a conference for work today.  There were two events going on at the conference center.  I attended an opening ceremony for about twenty minutes when I realized I was not at the right event.


They were talking about microbes and nanotechnology, and I was expecting maps and GIS.  I kept expecting the speaker to show some maps, but he never did.  

There were mountains of free food.  That was both a good and bad thing.  I had self restraint at lunch, but they served this amazing cheese at the networking session afterwards.  I ate so much that I am laying in bed, incapable of moving.  



I am in pain.  The thought of eating again makes me ill.  Whenever I overeat, I promise to never do it again.  After a couple of months, I forget and do it again.  


The recipe came from a blog called Divas Can Cook.  I made it as directed.

  

The ingredients are 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1/2 cup yellow cake mix, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup butter, 1 3/4 cup milk, and sprinkles.


I added the flour and cake mix into a bowl.


I added the salt, baking powder, and sugar.  The whisked the dry ingredients.


I added the beaten eggs, melted butter, and milk.



I whisked until there were no lumps.  I let the batter rest for seven to ten minutes before cooking it.


I poured about 1/4 a cup of batter into a hot and greased skillet.  I added sprinkled on top of the batter.

I flipped the pancakes when bubbles started to form in the center of the pancake.


I served these with whipped cream.  The recipe suggests a glaze.


These were fun but not stellar.  


They were flat and dense.  The flavor wasn't as cake like as I expected.


The batter was very runny.  I wonder if the consistency would have been better if I had added more cake mix.


I'm not sure if the problem was the recipe or me, but I wasn't crazy about the results.

No comments: